Now Hiring: Warehouse Associate
O'Douds is moving to Houston and as such, we are hiring a new warehouse team. We are looking for someone passionate about our values that is invested in working and growing with our team. This position has a clear path towards management as we continue to grow, should you be interested. Manual Labor is required for this position.
Direct Supervisor: Davis Snyder
Location: Houston, Tx
Address: TBD (North Houston area)
Pay: $13/hr with benefits
Hours: Full-Time (35-40 hours per week)
Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include packing, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming packing supplies and materials; and arranging for the transportation of products.
Previous warehousing, shipping, fulfillment, or comparable manual labor experience preferred.
Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Mathematics - Using basic mathematics to solve problems.
Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Spend Time Bending or Twisting the Body
- Spend Time Standing
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls
- Lifting Heavy Objects
- Exposed to Hazardous Equipment and Materials
- Exposed to Minor Burns and Cuts
Pace and Scheduling
- Time Pressure
- Work With Work Group or Team
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, and Gloves
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Tasks & Activities
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Record and compare shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Requisition, monitor, and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using handtruck.
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.